However you can still install windows xp driver on windows 7 which worked for me and get rid of this issue. However you still won’t have Areo theme enabled since it is not supported on this 82865G graphics card. Here I will show you how you can install windows XP drivers on windows 7.
- Go to the download page of Windows XP driver for 82865G display card: downloadcentre
- Download driver and extract the downloaded driver.
- Right click on the setup.exe file and select properties to open the properties window as displayed below.
- Go to the ‘Compatibility’ tab and select ‘Windows XP (Service Pack 3)’ in drop down and select ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for:’ check box as shown above and click on the Ok button of the dialog.
- Right click on setup.exe file and select ‘Run as administrator’ to install the driver.
- It will start installation ,I run into some errors while instillation but somehowe it insllaled the drivers., so ignore any errors occurred while installation.
- Restart the machine. Now you wil have proper display. You can also check that now more resolution options are available in Screen Resolution window. Good luck !