What is Mail For Exchange ?
Mail for Exchange application is compatible with Microsoft Exchange Server Active Sync and Direct Push which synchronizes your business's Microsoft Exchange accounts so you can use your Microsoft Exchange email, calendar ,contacts and tasks on your Nokia mobile devices.
To use Mail for Exchange, you need a Microsoft Exchange e-mail account ,name of your mail domain, Exchange server’s name ,your user name and password.
Mail For Exchange Setup:
1. Download and install Mail for Exchange from Ovi Store if not already. It's free to download !
2. Open the Mail for Exchange on device and message will pop-up saying “You have no Mail for Exchange profile. Create profile? ” .Select Yes.
3. Enter following details on the screen displayed and then click on the OK button.
- E-mail address: your email address(e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Domain: Specify name of your mail domain
- Username: Again specify your email address as user name (e.g. email@example.com)
- Password: Your password
- Access point: Specify the access point though which you want to access your data.
4. After clicking OK button it will show the screen saying “Retrieving Exchange server name”.Click on cancel button of this screen.
- Exchange server: Specify name of Exchange server.
- Secure connection: Yes or No depending on the server settings.
- Leave rest of the fields in these screen like Access point, Sync while roaming, Use default port etc... as it is or change them accordingly as per your need.
6. Then press the right key of the device to go to the next screen named ‘Credentials’. Here you will able to see that Username, Password and Domain fields are populated.
7. Press the right key of the device.Now you are on the ‘Sync schedule’ screen where you can define how and at what frequency you want to sync your data. Below is the explanation of each field.
- Peak sync schedule:peak sync schedule is time interval at which your data will sync at specified time as below
- Select ‘Always on’ if you want your data to be automatically synced.
- Select ‘Manual’ if you don’t want your data to be synced automatically
- Select any other available option like ‘Every 15 minutes’, ‘Every 30 minutes’ etc... as per your need. This will sync data automatically at every 15 minutes interval as if you select ‘Every 15 minutes’ options.
- Off-peak sync schedule: Off-peak sync schedule is time interval at which your data will sync at specified time beyond your peak sync schedule. Select appropriate option as per your need.
- Peak start time and Peak end time: are time intervals at which you want your data to be synced. Example: If you have set Peak sync schedule as ‘Always on’ and Peak start time and Peak end time as 8:00am to 5:pm then your data will automatically sync between this time range and beyond this time range it will not sync data automatically.
- Peak days: Here you can specify days on which you want data to be synced. Example: If you want your data to be synced on weekdays then you can excluded Saturday and Sunday.
- In case of conflict: Specify option ‘Server wins’ if not already.
- Some users may want to receive mail all the time. These users will set both ‘Peak-‘ and ‘Off peak sync schedule’ to ‘Always on’.
- Others may want to only download mails manually all the time. These users will set both settings to ‘Manual’
- Users that want to receive mail ASAP while at work and less often (or not at all) while at home, for example, require more control. The best way to illustrate this is an example. Smith works 9am-5pm M-F. While at work, he wants to receive mail ASAP. At home, receiving mail is not as critical. He will check his email manually.
Smith will set:
Peak sync schedule: Always on
Off-peak schedule: Manual
Peak start time: 9:00 am
Peak end time: 5:00 pm
Peak days: Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr
8. Press the right key of the device. Now you are on Calendar screen. Specify following data if you want your calendar data to be synced otherwise go to the next screen.
- Synchronize calendar : Yes
- Sync calendar back: Specify ‘All entries’ if you want all calendar data to be synced or choose any other appropriate option like ‘2 weeks’ etc.
- Initial sync: If you want your previously present calendar entries on device to be as it is then specify ‘Keep items on phone’ option otherwise specify ‘Delete items on phone’ option if you want your calendar entries present on device to be deleted while initial sync.
9. Press the right key of the device. Now you are on Task screen. Specify following data if you want your Task data to be synced otherwise go to the next screen.
- Synchronise tasks : Yes
- Sync completed tasks: Select ‘Yes’ if you want to sync completed task.
- Initial sync: select ‘Keep items on phone’ If you want your previously present tasks entries on device to be as it is or specify ‘Delete items on phone’ option if you want your tasks entries present on device to be deleted while initial sync.
10. Press the right key of the device. Now you are on Contacts screen. Specify following data if you want your device contacts to be synced otherwise go to the next screen.
- Synchronise contacts : Yes
- Initial sync: select ‘Keep items on phone’ If you want your device contacts not to be deleted while or specify ‘Delete items on phone’ option if you want your device contacts to be deleted while initial sync.
11. Press the right key of the device. Now you are on Email screen. Specify following data if you want your Emails to be synced.
- Synchronise e-mail : Yes
- E-mail address: Specify you email address if not already
- Show new mail popup: select Yes if you want to new email pop up notification to be displayed on arrival of new email.Leave rest of the fields of this screen as it is or change them as per your need.
12. After configuring all the tabs, save the profile.On saving the profile it will start syncing the data.If you want to manually sync data then go to options and select Synchronize to start syncing the data.
13. After synchronization completes go to the Messaging->Mail for Exchange to view the downloaded emails.